Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Department of Neurology at Wayne State University School of Medicine!
Our department firmly upholds three traditional academic missions – patient care, teaching, and research. Each of the three missions now has greater potential in the decades to come.
Located in the center of Detroit, the university-affiliated hospitals serve millions of people throughout the metropolitan area. Our department is undergoing a major expansion. In addition to the existing clinical services in a variety of subspecialties, such as stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders, neuromuscular diseases, multiple sclerosis, neuro-oncology and clinical electrophysiology, our department aims to establish multi-disciplinary clinics that are highly specialized and dedicated to specific neurological diseases. We are determined to bring the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Robert P. Lisak, MD Awarded the American Neurological Association's Distinguished Neurology Teacher Award
- Sokol Todi, PhD has been awarded the Albert and Goldye Nelson Grant
- Department of Neurology 2020 WSU student awards for excellent performance
- Paula Dore-Duffy, PhD recipient of the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Deepti Zutshi, MD, winner of the Kimford J. Meador Research in Women with Epilepsy Award