Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Department of Neurology at Wayne State University School of Medicine!
Our department firmly upholds three traditional academic missions – patient care, teaching, and research. Each of the three missions now has greater potential in the decades to come.
Located in the center of Detroit, the university-affiliated hospitals serve millions of people throughout the metropolitan area. Our department is undergoing a major expansion. In addition to the existing clinical services in a variety of subspecialties, such as stroke, epilepsy, movement disorders, neuromuscular diseases, multiple sclerosis, neuro-oncology and clinical electrophysiology, our department aims to establish multi-disciplinary clinics that are highly specialized and dedicated to specific neurological diseases. We are determined to bring the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Deepti Zutshi, MD, winner of the Kimford J. Meador Research in Women with Epilepsy Award
- 100% Board Passage of 2018 and 2019 Alumni Class Trainees
- Recipients of the 2019 Department of Neurology Faculty Teaching Award
- Department of Neurology 2019 AAN Resident Scholarship Awards
- Recipients of the 2017-2018 WSU Resident Teaching Awards: