How To Apply
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Neurotrauma and Critical Care Neurology fellowship is part of the San Francisco match. Information about this process can be found on the San Francisco Matching Program website (www.sfmatch.org), as well as the Neurocritical Care Society website (www.neurocriticalcare.org).
In accordance to these newly released guidelines, suitable candidates can apply by submitting the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitaw
- Letter of recommendations, including from teh departmental chairman (4)
- Medical school transcripts
- Statement of Interest
- USMLE Transcripts
- For foreign medical graduates: ECFMG Certificate
These documents are critically evaluated by the Division Director and Director of the Fellowship Training Program. Selected candidates are then invited for an interview. Applicants are graded by each of the interviewers in the following major categories:
- Clinical experience in neurology (specifically in critical care)
- Career goals
- Track record during residency training and on a candidate's potential toward developing as a clinician-scientist in the field.
- Research interests
For more information please contact:
Mohammad Ibrahim, M,D.
Neurotrauma and Critical Care Neurology Fellowship Program Director
Mrs. Lenora Paul
Program Coordinator, Neurocritical Care
Harper Hospital, Detroit Medical Center
Department of Neurology, 8D UHC
Detroit Michigan, 48201
Phone: (313) 577-1243
Fax: 313 745-4216